Monday, November 14, 2011

Singh Is Jacked Up

Immortals and "The Cell" director Tarsem Singh says that while he has no interest in doing a a comic book superhero film--he does have a dream project - a live-action version of the Cartoon Network animated series "Samurai Jack"

He told Heat Vision:"I love Samurai Jack. I would love to direct that. It's brilliant. The speed, it embraces where it comes from. I find that comic strip films are halfway grounded. They don't play my chord. But I love Samurai Jack. I love the animation"


Created by Genndy TartakovskyThe series is about a Samurai named Jack who is banished into an alternate future by a shape shifting shadow demon Aku. In order to restore time itself, Samurai Jack must defeat Aku using the mystic powers of his sword.

Former Oscar show producer Brett Ratner was poised to helm a Jack feature way back when...

No comments: