Thursday, July 18, 2013

Landis No Longer involved With "Chronicle 2"

"Chronicle" writer Max Landis says that while the follow up to the found footage superhero film is still in the works, Fox is moving forward without him.


Landis said back in April of this year that he'd written a draft for "Chronicle 2", and that the studio liked it but warned that the dark tone would be an issue. Landis tweeted the following today:

"So yeah it's sad that as of right now I'm not involved in the sequel, and don't know what it's about even, but ultimately I can't complain. Ultimately, I'm just very grateful to Fox for making a film as close to my original script as Chronicle was. For making the film at all. So yeah it's sad that as of right now I'm not involved in the sequel, and don't know what it's about even, but ultimately I can't complain. Chronicle 2 is still probably happening, just not with my involvement as of now. It's a bummer, but there are no real hard feelings. They hired new writers on it. I'm sure they'll announce soon. Just hope this answers the questions I've been getting everyday."

Landis is very busy though with several projects in the works, including his directorial debut the comedy Me Him Her" starring Dustin Milligan Luke Bracey and Emily Meade that begins production next week.

No comments: