Friday, July 19, 2013

Good News: Cage Nixes The Expendables 3 Appearance

Despite chatter otherwise, actor Nicolas Cage tells Den of Geek that he isn't in The Expendables 3 yet and it is unlikely that he will do the sequel.


"I have not had any formal discussions about ['Expendables 3']. I’m not in Kick-Ass 2 and I don’t think I’m in Expendables 3. And I like those guys--but I would say it would be highly unlikely that I’d be in that movie."

Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, and Milla Jovovich are all said to be in "advanced negotiations" to join the film.

Also on producer Avi Lerner's initial wish-list were Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford.

Sylvester Stallone and most of his pals from the last two flicks in the series will be back in the line up.

The movie will be directed by Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) from a script by Richard Wenk. It's scheduled to start production in August

There's also an all-female riff on the premise in the works as well Katee Sackhoff ("Battlestar Galactica")  and former MMA fighter-turned-actress Gina Carano ("Haywire") are set to star

No comments: