Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let's Talk Numbers

Sigourney Weaver talked with MTV News before the holidays about the chances of her doing sequels to two of her most popular films...

A fifth "Alien" with the original classic's director Ridley Scott involved isn't as far out of the question as one might think.

"There’s definitely uncharted territory for Ripley. Both of us feel a kind of commitment to that woman. He’s as much responsible for who she is as I am" says Weaver.

Ellen Ripley would return, but the HR Giger designed creatures may not.

The actress ponders the idea "there’s uncharted territory for a creature who’s become somewhat debased by this computer generated thing. I haven’t seen [the"Alien vs. Predator films"] but I just think if you overexpose the creature, that’s a mistakee."

I agree with that assessment--that's why the AVP flicks suck because the human elements are lost amid all of the CGI...

"We’d have to go back to the drawing board on [the alien]. Ridley said that right away when we first talked about [a fifth film]. What we’re interested in is taking the character of Ripley and seeing what other science fiction story we can tell about someone who has lived several lives."

...Still an "Alien" free sequel??



As for Ghostbusters 3:

"I don't know really what I would be in it," she recently told The Chicago Tribune .

"Maybe I'd be in a scene. But I'm not that integral a part to the actual Ghostbusting"

They could do G 3 without Weaver sure--But I hope they find a spot for her...

No comments: