Saturday, January 30, 2010

Scream 4 Joy

Writer Kevin Williamson updates the status of Scream 4--also saying that the horror sequel won't film in 3-D.! Amen Brother!

I don't think Scream lends itself to a 3-D film”, Williamson tells IESB. “3-D films are all about things being thrown at you. One of the things that Scream does is that it talks about those movies and sends them up, so actually putting in that device probably wouldn't work. I don't think it's an option. We're the movie that makes fun of it. I can imagine Stab being done in 3-D, but not Scream”.

Finally someone with some sense in the industry...

On star Neve Campbell's critical franchise return:

I was always holding out hope because the pitch was about those three characters. I didn't want to have to re-route the whole story. We don't have to do that. I can do it exactly the way I want wanted. The story is going to be told the way I originally conceived it.’’



Williamson believes what works about the “Scream” films as opposed to the Saw films is you care about the characters:

‘’The fun of the film is that it's Sydney Prescott. That's the difference and you care about her. I want to write a story where you actually care about our characters and it's a plot that you watch them walk through. It's not all about the next kill. It's not all about slice and dice. I was watching Saw VI on Pay Per View the other night and I was like, "This is really just going from one kill to the next, to the next." It's fun, but I want to tell a story.’’

When asked if Wes Craven is going to indeed return to direct he replied, "Oh, Wes is going to do it."

The sequel reuniting Kevin with Craven Campbell Courteney Cox and David Arquette begins production in April just as Williamson's TV show The Vampire Diaries wraps on its first season.

No comments: