Thursday, January 28, 2010

Space Cadet

Star Trek reboot actor Zachary Quinto told Wired while promoting Star Trek Online...

I’m stepping away from Star Trek for at least two years — no movies, no conventions, no anything for a while," said Quinto.

He lends g his voice to the new interactive game site, “I did this game to make an investment in the fan base."

Forgetting I suppose a June 29th, 2012 release date for the as yet Untitled Star Trek Sequel.

I get the whole Typecasting concerns I do--But he seemed up for all things that come with Trek involvement before he got the part as Spock Beta.

Sure he did a lot to promote the film--conventions and all but jeeez no one made him do that extra curricular Trek--and he was already on a once popular genre series Heroes-prior to going into space.

I’m stepping away from that genre and exploring a lot of other territory. I want to invite them along with me on my journey, which is going to take them out of their comfort zone and into other areas and other styles of storytelling."

As a Trek fan I'm a little peeved by his “which is going to take them out of their comfort zone” comment….Implying fans only sit around watching Trek or other sci fi Trust Me I enjoy and respect its positive message immensely But I have no established “comfort zone” Outside interests and a life are mine aplenty...

Doesn't make sense...Dopey

No comments: