Sunday, August 01, 2010

RIP Tom Mankiewicz (1942-2010)

I am deeply saddened by the passing of writer/director Tom Mankiewicz, a screenwriter who made a name for himself working on such James Bond films as Diamonds Are Forever, Live and Let Die and The Man With the Golden Gun. He was just 68.




While his work on Bond is legendary--for me--His work as uncredited screenwriter--but listed as Creative Consultant on Superman in 1978. and Superman II for director Richard Donner that will stay with me....I mean his work helped to inspire me nearly 31 years ago not to mention the whole making "Believe A Man Could Fly"  thing Comic Book Film scripting at its best for a 10 year old boy....I highly recommend listening to Donner and Mank talk Supes on the 2006 DVD releases...A Must Really For Anyone Intent On A Film Career

He would reunite with Donner on the fantasy Ladyhawke

He also brought us one of the first TV to Film adaptations--Dragnet And speaking of TV he helped bring Hart to Hart along in the 80's...

To A Mentor Who Never Knew Me.... Thank You From The Bottom Of My Heart....

No comments: