Saturday, November 05, 2011

Trek 2: Del Toro As...?

Benicio Del Toro is expected to be offered, possibly as early as this weekend, the role of the lead villain in J.J. Abrams' as yet Untitled Star Trek Sequel reports Variety.



Del Toro reportedly met with Abrams but, in an effort to keep the role a secret, still doesn't know exactly what any deets are. The studio is not commenting on the casting process.

But I will--The Del Toro noise and the secrecy leads me to think  Khan Noonien Singh the genetically enhanced human of the 1967 episode of "Star Trek" called Space Seed as well as the big screen sequel Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan played by Ricardo Montalban and in the process solidified himself as the best Trek villain period...Kahn is PURE SPECULATION on my part and GOD I HOPE I'M WRONG...But my gut says otherwise...Am I right?....Time will tell...

Production on the much anticipated sequel is expected to begin in early 2012.

No comments: