Saturday, July 13, 2013

Jordan Talks "Fantastic Four" Rumors & Spidey

On the stump to promote the limited release of Fruitvale Station star Michael B. Jordan, was asked about two comic book flicks in which his name has come up.


He was asked by MTV about the rumor that he'll reunite with his "Chronicle" director Josh Trank to play Johnny Storm/Human Torch in the "Fantastic Four" reboot:

"Everybody knows that me and Josh are really good friends. I'm a comic book guy. So if the opportunity came about, if he came to me and said, 'Hey Michael, I want you to do this,' I wouldn't even think twice about it."

He was then asked by VH1 for his thoughts about "The Amazing Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield's comments in which he floated the idea of Peter Parker exploring his sexuality.


Andrew specifically mentioned Jordan as the guy he'd like to play Spider-Man's potential lover. 

Jordan says:

"No thoughts on that. I think a lot of times with comic books, if you have a character you grew up with that gets recast, sometimes people feel a certain way about it. If it's specific to race or other characteristics that can't change and would be detrimental to the character, then I feel like they shouldn't be changed."

No comments: