Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is He Red-y?

During the press tour for Lakeview Terrace, Samuel L. Jackson spoke with IGN about the possibility that he might re-team with his former Jedi director George Lucas for Red Tails

"I just read it like two weeks ago. It's a pretty good script. At one point (Lucas) was asking me if I'd ever want to direct anything. I said, 'I don't know, man. I'm trying to find things.'

'Well, let me send you this thing. Maybe you might want to direct it.'" says Jackson.

Could Jackson see himself in the big chair?

"I don't know. I don't have a year and a half of my life where I wanna stop acting...if I was gonna direct something George would be a great guy to kind of mentor me through that, especially a big ass special effects flying picture. The script's good. I like it."

Simply put--Jackson could absolutely take the reigns from Uncle George....Go for it! It may even turn out better...

Meanwhile "Lakeview" opens September 19th.

No comments: