Monday, August 25, 2008

Silent Yelling

How great is it to be director Kevin Smith right now?

Pretty damn great, I'd say....

First he sees the rough cut of "Watchmen" -now he apparently saw the rough cut of "Star Trek" the other day-without mentioning the reboot by name...Kinda.

I am so jealous....

Smith talking to the host of KROQ FM's Kevin and Bean Show had the following exchange:

Smith: I saw a movie last night that I cannot talk about.

Host: Was it good?

Smith: It was phenomenal.

Host: Any stars, any break out stars, and do they trek?

Smith: The stars absolutely trek in this film. It is fantastic. Anybody who was worried doesn’t need to be worried–about this film I cannot talk about…It was in very capable hands. The director did a phenomenal job–the director and his crew. Top notch cast and the guy that plays the lead is an instant star. That dude is going to be so famous. He is so wonderful. He picked up a role that I would say is pretty challenging for someone to step into the shoes of, because it is a role that has been played before many times by the same guy.

Host: How do you out Shatner, Shatner?

Smith: I don’t know what you are talking about.

Host: I was just saying that as an expression.

Smith: Yes, absolutely, in a world of expressions, I would agree with that…I am so not good with this game, you are going to bury me man.

Host: We had you on before The Dark Knight and I remember asking you if you could direct a movie like Dark Knight and you said ‘hell no’ it was so far out of your sphere…but I bring that up to preface this. Let’s say a franchise like Star Trek, not that you have seen the movie or we are talking about the movie, but we are talking about it for example. That is something that is so dangerous to attempt. Is that the kind of project you would like to do? Would you like to be the guy who gets to do a movie like that?

Smith: I would not like to be the guy. In the case of something like Star Trek, it would take a really insanely talented filmmaker–storyteller. Like in the case of Star Trek,J.J. Abrams. So leave it to the people who are best equipped for it. I am just the guy who should be watching those movies.

Speaking of the Shat...

He's Still Not In The Movie - Final Cut Weeks Away...

Are there still folks wondering about that?

May 8th 2009 can't come soon enough...

No comments: