Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vamp Stamp

Director Alex Proyas tells MTV News, as soon as he's finished working on Knowing-starring my "favorite actor" Nicolas Cage (Ugh!)-he is going to work on Dracula Year Zero:

He says the story is "sort of the origin tale that mixes Prince Vlad of Transylvania with [the] sort of [fictionalized legend of] Bram Stoker"

Oh, there will be fangs lots 'o fangs:

"The teeth are really important. I think Frank Langella in the 'Dracula movie that was made in the 70s, I think he didn't want to have teeth in the movie. But, no, I like the teeth. I want to see girls with a lot of teeth."

What won't we see?:

"I think the garlic thing is kind of weird."

"...stakes and teeth...and lots and lots of blood."

I don't care what Proyas does or doesn't do with this---he's the right man for the job...I know he'll do right by the character and mythos...

No comments: