Wednesday, April 08, 2009

From House To Washinton

Film and TV star Kal Penn is joining President Barack Obama's staff.

"I'm not retiring from acting," he said Wednesday in an interview with L.A.'s KOST 103.5 FM. "I'm obviously putting it on hold while I am working in the White House."

When the writers strike ended, he returned to House and "started thinking I have this passion for something in public service," he said. "If Obama wins," he thought, "I'd like to continue working in public service'

Penn has taken the job of associate director in the office of public liaison and will be working to forge alliances with the Asian-American and Pacific Islander communities and the arts community.

The job means a large pay cut of course.

This past Monday House. fans were shocked when Penn's character was surprisingly killed off...Good luck Kal Remember though Harold & Kumar needs you when you are done with politics.

No comments: