Sunday, April 19, 2009

2 For 1 Sale

Writer/director Eli Roth told MTV News that he wants to shoot his next two films back-to-back.

First on his agenda is a big budget sci-fi action film:

"I'm almost done with my new script," Roth said. "I was actually almost done with it before [acting in Inglourious Basterds], but I had to put it down, and that was actually a good thing I took time away from it, but I'm going to finish that up and start shooting this fall."



"I don't want to give away the title yet, because I have to make sure I own it 100%, but it's going to be something that is really fun with lots of mass destruction. I wanted to do something along the lines of Transformers or Cloverfield that was a little more science fiction-based."

Monsters?

"I don't want to say what [the monster is] yet. Once it gets set up, I will let everyone know. It is not aliens or robots or a virus - it's a little more grounded."

Roth doesn't quite strike me as the big budget type... The threat is a bit more grounded--Terrorist attack or natural/cosmic disaster?

Next comes a full-length film based off the Grindhouse trailer he did called "Thanksgiving"...

"The plan is this: I want to do a huge budget movie, but tack on three weeks to the end of it and shoot Thanksgiving, I want to do an $80 million dollar movie, and then schedule three weeks at the end to quickly shoot a $5 million dollar movie"

No comments: