Thursday, April 16, 2009

A "Litte" Bit Of News

Declan O'Brien wants to bring a new version of "The Little Shop of Horrors" to the big screen says STYD.

This would mark the 3rd film incarnation of the story...



Roger Corman's 1960 The Little Shop Of Horrors took the off Broadway musical about a mild-mannered young man who discovers a carnivorous talking plant--leaving out the songs...The film also featured a small part played by a young Jack Nicholson.

In 1986 the Frank Oz version (starring Rick Moranis and Ellen Greene) put the Howard Ashman /Alan Menkenmusic and lyrics back in.

"After I did this movie for Roger called Cyclops he was so happy he said, 'This is the best movie that's come through my doors in 20 years, so here's my catalogue, pick something else.'

O'Brien's adds- "I have a take on it you're not going to expect. I'm taking it in a different direction, let's put it that way."

Will it be more of a horror film--filled with genre tricks of the trade?

No comments: